last 30 days
Senior Unreal Gameplay EngineerLos Angeles, CA, USA05 d
Senior Unreal Gameplay Engineer
Job Description:Forge alternate worlds that deepen players lives as a Senior Gameplay Engineer at Singularity 6, the new Los Angeles based game studio founded by industry veterans whose credits include League of Legends, Destiny 2, Call of Duty, Disney Infinity and more.Gameplay is at the heart of everything we’re trying to do, and you’ll be at the tip of the spear in defining what this video game will be for years, or even decades, to come. You’ll program new gameplay features, implement tools, and be a core member of a prototyping team that includes designers, artists, and engineers. Being passionate about games, cultivating a growth mindset, and a fearless approach to problem solving is a must.
Expectations & Responsibilities
- Design, Develop, and Maintain the core systems that bring the game vision to life
- Deep understanding of how to create scalable software solutions for video games
- Create or Improve existing tools to empower content creators
- Help drive the architecture and technology choices that will allow us to create an incredible gaming experience
- Contribute innovative ideas and solutions to the game and its development process
- Mentor other engineers to increase their capabilities and productivity
- Bachelor's degree or better in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience working on AAA video games
- Demonstrated proficiency in C/C++
- Excellent math skills with an emphasis on 3D math
- Professional experience working in Unreal 3 or Unreal 4
- Ability to write clean, easy to debug, well documented, and efficient code
- Possess a natural curiosity and desire to learn demonstrated by a willingness to work on a variety of systems such as AI, pathfinding, physics, audio, and animation
- Effective at working in cross discipline teams to achieve a shared mission
- Motivated by creating great games and great gameplay in particular
- Passionate gamer on your own time
- Legally authorized to work in the US
- Robust prototyping experience
- Experience developing high scale online games such as MMOs
- Experience with large, open world systems
- Health, Vision, Dental, 401k, and Equity
- Relocation Assistance
Singularity 6 is a Los Angeles based game studio founded by ex-Riot Games veterans and backed by top Silicon Valley VC funding. With our first project, we’re building the next generation of deeply immersive online worlds. Our vision is to create a compelling virtual universe filled with rich and diverse gameplay experiences and social interactions that will keep you playing for years, evolving along with you and the rest of the community. Join us to create a game that’s beautiful and intricate, delivering far more than superficial entertainment or basic wish fulfillment, an experience that becomes a meaningful part of your life.
Our mission extends into the studio as well where we build a diverse team that challenges the idea that the game industry is one of burnout and exploitation. We apply modern best practices to not only our code, but to our team and processes as well. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Interested in learning more? We are excited to hear from you!
Senior Technical Artist (Environment Focus)Los Angeles, CA, USA
Senior Technical Artist (Environment Focus)
We’re a game development team based in Los Angeles, dedicated to the idea that online games can deliver deeper, more meaningful experiences. We’re looking for an exceptional Senior Technical Artist to help define and build the key technologies and workflows that will allow us to achieve the ambitious visual and content production targets we have for our first game.
With our first project, we’re exploring new styles of game design and tackling difficult technical problems to create a game that’s beautiful and intricate, delivering far more than superficial entertainment or basic wish fulfillment, an experience that becomes a meaningful part of your life. Our vision is to create a compelling virtual universe filled with rich and diverse gameplay experiences and social interactions that will keep you playing for years, evolving along with you and the rest of the community. We want our players to feel valued as well as a true sense of belonging.
Sounds ambitious? We think so, too. If you’re interested in the challenge of building a new genre, in making rewarding interactive & community experiences filled with amazing art and world class technology to support this living world, join us on the journey.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. Please feel free to get in touch with us!
Degree in a related field or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience in a similar role
- Cutting edge knowledge of technical art trends and techniques
- Able to write clean and extensible code
- Motivated by and a strong advocate for a collaborative work environment
- Experience working on AAA games
- Great communicator
- Experience using C++, Python, MEL or other scripting languages.
- Familiarity with the Unreal Engine
- Experience and interest creating Stylized games
Expectations & Responsibilities
- Create tools and processes that assist in authoring environment art, vfx, destruction simulations, animation, lighting, and post process effects
- Help mentor and train others on the team in your areas of expertise
- Identify, plan for, and solve technical problems across the development timeline
- Own, assess, and improve art workflow
- Help hire and onboard additional artists to the team
- Adaptable and willing to flex in a variety of ways to help the team
Green Panda Games
Game Concept Designer (F/M)Paris, France
Green Panda Games
Game Concept Designer (F/M)
Job Description:Green Panda Games is a vibrant and fast-growing mobile gaming start-up, part of the Ubisoft group. We are a leading mobile game publisher with dozens of million users on iOS and Android playing our games each month, in more than 150 countries!
We primarily create and publish idle games, but also games from diverse categories, ranging from casual (card game, puzzle) to hyper-casual (arcade, sport). We are looking to further grow our creation and publishing businesses at a rapid pace.
We are comprised of young, motivated and passionate individuals in high-performing teams, who share the aim to become the best mobile gaming publisher in the industry. We need your help to achieve this!
As a Game Concept Designer, you will be part of the game design team and in close connection with the publishing managers to propose eye-catching concepts with smart gameplay mechanics.
Requirements:Having acquired some initial experience in a mobile games development position or a similar environment, you wish to join an ambitious team willing to create the next casual and hyper-casual hits which will passionate our players.
If the following description matches your profile, you are in!
- You are a creative person and always aware of the latest trends
- Good mobile F2P knowledge
- As you will be in touch with a lot of awesome teammates, you have very good teamwork and coordination skills …
- … and synthetic and clear writing skills
- Fluent English.
Even if they are not mandatory, the perfect candidate will also have the following competencies:
Design skills on a 3D or 2D software
- Unity knowledge.
- Propose new concepts, bring innovative ideas targeting a casual and hyper-casual audience
- Imagine and define functional gameplays and strong core mechanics to provide players a fun and long-term experience
- Collaborate with every UI/2D/3D artist to illustrate the concepts
- Write clear game pitch presentations with descriptions and wireframes/sketches
- Benchmark and identify incoming trends in the industry (genres, thematics, mechanics, game design...)
- Deconstruct and analyze mobile game mechanics
- Give constructive feedback on the games
Gameplay Programmer (F/M)Montreuil, France
Gameplay Programmer (F/M)
Job Description:Fully integrated in the Ubisoft environment and with more than 200 games in its catalogue, Ketchapp is one of the leading publisher of hyper-casual mobile games, and the name behind such hits as 2048, Knife Hit, Stack, Origame, Flipman, among others. As a Gameplay Programmer with Ketchapp, you will join our internal production teams to create tomorrow's best-sellers!
Considering that Ketchapp teams are actively involved in the studio's growth, entrepreneurial flair is welcome; we like to challenge ourselves, and suggestions for improvement are always taken into consideration.
Requirements:Having acquired some initial experience in a mobile games development position or a similar environment, you wish to join a team that defines itself as "serious about fun".
If the following description matches your profile, you’re in!
- You are proficient in C# programming on Unity;
- You are a driving force behind proposals, and able to independently find and integrate your assets and tools;
- Versioning tools are second nature to you;
- You are Design and User Experience-oriented;
- Whether it be Flippy Race, 2048 or Knife Hit, your hyper-casual culture is second to none;
- You love to discover new technologies in order to hone your skills: we are looking for someone who likes to learn by him or herself and who is curious and self-sufficient;
- You are obviously able to speak English in a professional environment.
- You will prototype your game from A to Z while adhering to deadlines, and by testing and implementing new features to produce new hits;
- Working in collaboration with an artist, you will self-sufficiently implement your project by taking into account design feedback from the Producer and the rest of the Production team.
- By placing yourself in the players' shoes, you will understand what motivates them in order to devise gameplay loops that are straightforward and fun, and thus make our games addictive!
Lead ProducerBerlin 🥨🍻11 d
Job Description:If you are an agile minded problem solver, with excellent communication skills who loves working within a culture of freedom and responsibility, then we have a great opportunity for you at YAGER as our Lead Producer on our self-published title, The Cycle.
As Lead Producer on The Cycle, you will be responsible for leading the production team, mentoring them in all aspects of production and supporting them towards delivering on their goals.
- Further develop your talented direct reports into top performers who excel at leading teams and accomplishing their set goals.
- Continuously assessing team performance and providing regular feedback and coaching.
- Guide the development efforts of autonomous and highly aligned teams towards their goals and optimize existing workflows to improve collaboration across teams.
- Continuously assess risk and develop and implement risk-mitigation strategies.
- Drive to keep learning and inspiring your teammates.
- Gamer first: you are an avid player and you take games seriously.
- Experienced: you have at least 4 years of leadership experience in games development or production experience.
- Agile thinker: you've successfully led teams using a variety of agile best practices.
- Can do: you work well under pressure and can handle multiple tasks while at the same time providing direction to your direct reports.
- Problem Solver: by being curious and asking questions, you mentor the production team in solving the often tricky decisions of the project management triangle.
- Contender: you raise issues and risks and confidently challenge the status-quo.
- Team builder: you can maintain a high performing team of direct reports around you and support their further growth.
- Authentic: you are open about your feelings, which helps you resolve conflicts quickly and respectfully.
Lead Software Engineer (PORTING)Royal Leamington Spa, UK11 d
Lead Software Engineer (PORTING)
Role Overview – Lead Software Engineer (Porting)
We’re looking for a Lead Software Engineer to oversee all game porting projects at SEGA HARDlight. You’d be working closely with many different SEGA studios on new and existing IPs, to bring these much loved titles to new platforms – including Google Stadia, Microsoft Game Pass, Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo etc. You’d work on a variety of custom engines and Unity based projects, so experience with C++ and C# is important. Strong communication skills are vital, both written and verbal, as you’ll be working with studios from around the world. This is an exciting opportunity to bring SEGA titles to a larger audience, and to be instrumental in creating a fantastic working relationship between many SEGA studios.
- Lead the engineering team to achieve project goals and deliver high quality game experience
- Help with planning, work estimation, resource requirements and tasks scheduling
- Collaborate with the other department leads to complete work on time to a high standard
- Collaborate with the studio technical management to conceive and maintain a high standard of technical architecture
- Oversee and mentor engineering team members
- Oversee game releases – client releases coordinated with server deployments
- Adhere to and enforce good engineering practices and company tech standards
- Care about the games we are making and how they can be better.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Strong engineering skills are essential. You have a high level of C++ or C# experience, and a passion for problem solving
- Experience in multiple areas of game development technology
- You have shipped multiple titles as a senior engineer and preferably in a lead position
- You have exceptional communication skills
- You care about the development process and improve it at every opportunity
- Experience developing and shipping titles using a game engine. Unity experience is a bonus.
- Experience with client/server technologies is beneficial, as well as experience with networking, database engines and server infrastructure
- Experience with running a live product, regular update releases and LiveOps is beneficial.
Why work at HARDlight?
- Industry leading competitive salary & benefits. Including (but not limited to), Family Healthcare, Pension
- Flexible working hours
- Season ticket loan for Rail travel
- Generous Developer Bonus Scheme
- Free breakfast and fruit
- The opportunity to be a large part of a small team, developing innovative titles with a huge SEGA back catalogue
- Based in the ‘Heart of England' in stunning historic Royal Leamington Spa, with great connections to London & Birmingham.
Blind Squirrel 🐿️
Senior Graphics ProgrammerSanta Ana, CA ☀️🌴🌉
Blind Squirrel 🐿️
Senior Graphics Programmer
Job Description:Blind Squirrel Games is seeking an enthusiastic Senior Graphics Programmer. We value talented and passionate individuals who constantly strive to improve their work. We’re looking for people who love both making and playing games.
- 6+ years professional experience as graphics programmer
- Strong C, C++ programming and debugging experience
- Experience working with current graphics algorithms and hardware
- Experience with memory management, multi-threading and low-level optimizations
- Experience with implementing a DirectX, OpenGL, or Vulkan based rendering system and subsystems
- PS4, XB1, or Nintendo Switch rendering experience
- Experience with Perforce and Git
- Unreal Engine experience (UE3 or UE4) preferred
- Contribute to the visual fidelity and efficient rendering of our cross-platform title.
- Extend current graphics-related systems and tools to fit requirements of our game.
- Maintain a good knowledge of the engine and tools pipeline to facilitate communication and enable identification of issues pertaining to the production or use of the graphics pipeline.
- Clearly communicate updates and concerns to their manager.
- Actively maintain skill-set and knowledge base by keeping track of the latest innovations from the industry.
- Other duties may be assigned to accomplish company or department objectives.
Blind Squirrel 🐿️👨🦯
Generalist ProgrammerSanta Ana, CA 🌴🎬🌉
Blind Squirrel 🐿️👨🦯
Job Description:Blind Squirrel Games is seeking an enthusiastic, creative and experienced Generalist Programmer. We value talented and passionate individuals who strive to improve and hire for the long term with career development in mind. If you have a robust sense of good software architecture and strong interest in making games in a family friendly game studio, apply today!
- 3+ years of professional game programming experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Fluent in C/C++
- Solid understanding of multi-threaded programming
- Strong 3D skills and low-level engine experience
- UE 3 or 4 experience a plus
- Effective communicator in a team oriented environment.
- Passionate about game development and games
- Create high-performance, robust, maintainable code in a cross-platform environment
- Evaluate existing technology architectures
- Extend existing systems to meet long-term needs of ongoing development
- Understand the constraints of a game development cycle (you know when bug fixing and optimization become more important than new features)
- Work with external development partners
- Adhere to team coding standards and practice
- Other duties may be assigned to accomplish company or department objectives
Roxor Gaming 🎰
Game DeveloperLondon 💂🦁
Roxor Gaming 🎰
Job Description:Roxor Gaming has produced some of the most exciting and best-rated games in the online gaming industry, from Double Bubble and Secrets of the Phoenix to Paper Wins and Tiki Island. But it doesn't stop there, they also produce some of the industry's leading instant, casino and mini-games too.
- Working knowledge of ES6
- Classical Object Oriented programming skills
- Working knowledge of design patterns
- React/Redux exposure
- Typescript experience and interest in learning Typescript
- Strong programming fundamentals with an understanding of clean coding principles, design patterns and programming best practices.
- 1-2 years professional experience working in software development teams. Familiar with collaboration tools and processes including the use of version control, pull requests and code reviews.
- Understanding of game development concepts such as: game loops, scene graphs, memory and rendering optimisations.
- Familiar with rendering engines such as Pixi.js or Babylon.js
- Can take individual responsibility for work and comfortable with collaborating with other teams and disciplines.
- Logical problem solver, with good communication skills, a team player with a pragmatic approach.
- Proactive with personal learning and skills development.
Unity DeveloperLondon 💂🦁
Job Description:Are you a Unity developer with a passion for learning new skills and working on unique, challenging projects?
DBpixelhouse are recruiting for a Unity developer to join our team creating interactive digital experiences for leading brands at events and activations around the world.
Our developers work on exciting projects creating bespoke games, Virtual Reality environments, touchscreen apps, object recognition tables and Augmented Reality experiences.
Warner Brothers 👨👦
Concept ArtistMontreal 🍁🏔️
Warner Brothers 👨👦
Job Description:WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks an Associate Concept Artist - Environment to create a wide range of conceptual content (mood shots, lighting intentions, line art, paint overs, etc.) to inspire and communicate the visual direction of an upcoming AAA console title.
- An excellent artistic sense
- Photoshop expert
- Must demonstrate an ability to work within a broad variety of styles and genres
- Strong background in traditional art skills
- Knowledge of art history and contemporary culture
- Some familiarity with 3D art and combining 2D and 3D techniques (e.g. Sketch Up) a plus
- A architectural awareness including the balancing of proportions, shapes, and materials
- Excellent knowledge of human anatomy and proportions is a plus for environment concept artist
- Experience working within game development
- Understand the project's creative vision
- Craft visually inspiring, high fidelity concepts that set the quality bar for the team
- Collaboration/communication with the production team
- Provide leadership through example – has team spirit, highly motivated, takes initiative, is pro-active, and inspires.
Mid-Level Unity Developer
Job Description:YR pioneers in this market for over 6 years, championing the power of live customisation and print-on-demand experiences in hundreds of retail and popup stores across the globe - from London to Tokyo.
Requirements:⦁ 3+ years professional programming experience.
⦁ 2+ years professional Unity Experience.
⦁ Proficient in software design fundamentals and design patterns
⦁ Ability to work from concept through design, development and delivery of projects
⦁ Good interpersonal and communication skills.
⦁ An ability to work using own initiative as well as part of a team.
Responsibilities:⦁ Working closely with the design and production teams to bring applications to life.
⦁ Developing reusable modules for YRs current and future product slates.
⦁ Working closely with the Lead Unity Developer on refining the system architecture.
⦁ Identifying application bottlenecks/bugs and working to solve them.
⦁ Helping to maintain a clear and well commented codebase and taking on board feedback to make sure code adheres to the expected standards.
⦁ Communicating with the rest of the development team to suggest work flow and programming improvements.
⦁ Staying up to date with current technologies, platforms and coding practices.
Retro Studios is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo. Retro is a state-of-the-art game development studio, working in conjunction with Nintendo to bring award-winning games to Nintendo's cutting-edge next-generation platforms. Retro Studios is located in beautiful Austin, Texas. With rolling hills, scenic waterways, abundant wildlife, vibrant music and film scenes, and a laid-back cosmopolitan culture, Austin is a dynamic city with an excellent quality of life.
- Experience using industry standard tracking and communication software such as Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Experience working with 3D software, Maya preferred.
- Experience working with animation trees or any other node-based animation systems.
- Familiarity with current rigging methods and evaluating rigs for game and cinematic animations.
- Experience with rigging characters is a plus.
- Experience with already established IP is a plus.
- Prior Cinematics experience is a plus.
- Work with the Development Management Team to execute the determined style and tone of animation for the final product
- Responsible, as an individual contributor, for creating high quality exemplar animation that sets the standards for the team for both in-game and cinematic animation
- Champion the project’s goals and inspire the Animation team to achieve the vision, through actionable tasks.
- Collaborate with Design, Engineering and the Technical Animation staff on animation pipeline
- Coordinate with Development Management Team to understand the evolving needs of the studio
- Evaluate and promote the use of appropriate techniques and systems to support animation goals
- Develop and implement quality assurance protocols to review and approve animation work
- Anticipate and recognize potential conflicts or production issues and recommend solutions
- Mentor a team of animators, supporting and promoting a growth mindset amongst the staff.
Play o'Clock Studio 🐣🧸
Game ProgrammerIndonesia 🥡🍚
Play o'Clock Studio 🐣🧸
Job Description:Senior Game Programmer. You will develop a high quality video game for PC and console, together in a team of the most creative people. Qualifications: At least 2 years of experience on Unity software and advance programming knowledge and coding in C#.
Double Eleven 👩🎨🎨
3D Graduate ArtistKuala Lumpur 🍜🛺
Double Eleven 👩🎨🎨
3D Graduate Artist
Job Description:Double Eleven Limited is a full-service publisher and developer, with head office located in Middlesbrough and other studios in Kuala Lumpur and Birmingham.
- Exceptional 3D Modelling and Texture creation skills
- Experience with: 3DMax, Maya, or equivalent, (Maya preferred)
- Experienced with Photoshop
- Experience on multiple games and ability to work across varied art styles.
- Experience with popular game engines, preferably Unity / Unreal.
- Experience with shaders and real-time rendering pipelines.
- PBR workflow experience (Substance Painter / Designer)
- Other visual art skills, e.g. illustration, graphic design, VFX
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills allowing effective collaboration with teams
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and time management skills
- Strong observation and research skills
- Strong knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of the video game development processes
- Model and texture a wide variety of 3D game assets, including environments, buildings, props, vehicles, characters, etc
- Perform supporting tasks required to produce game assets, such as optimization, LOD creation, collision creation, lighting, and optimisations
- Must be a team player and be able to consistently meet project deadlines/milestones
- Collaborate effectively with peers, senior artists, leads, and clients
- Must be proactive about improving/developing artistic skills
- Must be able to work in an artistic style consistent with visual styles defined by the concept artist
3D ArtistSanta Monica, CA 🏄☀️
Job Description:We’re looking for a 3D Artist/Generalist who will take a key role on our production team.
You’ll be working alongside account management, product, design, and engineering, collaborating on the various layers of our 3D and AR product.
- 2+ years experience in games modeling and texturing.
- Strong understanding of the art pipeline for game development
- Experience using Photogrammetry pipeline and techniques required to create AAA assets.
- Strong modeling skills - able to generate clean and efficient models at a fast pace
- Strong artistic ability to visualize final products with sometimes minimal concept art
- Strong technical ability to manage assets to fit memory, design, and frame rate limits
- Must have a relevant 3D art portfolio to apply
- Create hard surface and organic models using Maya and Zbrush
- Create physically based textures using Substance Painter and Photoshop
- Optimizing polycounts and texture sizes for optimal AR experiences.
- Take photos of variable objects using Photogrammetry techniques and deriving models and textures using Reality Capture/Agisoft Photoscan
- Take existing 3D assets and optimizing their polycounts/textures