last 30 days
Senior Technical Artist (Environment Focus)Los Angeles, CA, USA10 d
Senior Technical Artist (Environment Focus)
We’re a game development team based in Los Angeles, dedicated to the idea that online games can deliver deeper, more meaningful experiences. We’re looking for an exceptional Senior Technical Artist to help define and build the key technologies and workflows that will allow us to achieve the ambitious visual and content production targets we have for our first game.
With our first project, we’re exploring new styles of game design and tackling difficult technical problems to create a game that’s beautiful and intricate, delivering far more than superficial entertainment or basic wish fulfillment, an experience that becomes a meaningful part of your life. Our vision is to create a compelling virtual universe filled with rich and diverse gameplay experiences and social interactions that will keep you playing for years, evolving along with you and the rest of the community. We want our players to feel valued as well as a true sense of belonging.
Sounds ambitious? We think so, too. If you’re interested in the challenge of building a new genre, in making rewarding interactive & community experiences filled with amazing art and world class technology to support this living world, join us on the journey.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. Please feel free to get in touch with us!
Degree in a related field or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience in a similar role
- Cutting edge knowledge of technical art trends and techniques
- Able to write clean and extensible code
- Motivated by and a strong advocate for a collaborative work environment
- Experience working on AAA games
- Great communicator
- Experience using C++, Python, MEL or other scripting languages.
- Familiarity with the Unreal Engine
- Experience and interest creating Stylized games
Expectations & Responsibilities
- Create tools and processes that assist in authoring environment art, vfx, destruction simulations, animation, lighting, and post process effects
- Help mentor and train others on the team in your areas of expertise
- Identify, plan for, and solve technical problems across the development timeline
- Own, assess, and improve art workflow
- Help hire and onboard additional artists to the team
- Adaptable and willing to flex in a variety of ways to help the team
Warner Brothers 👨👦
Concept ArtistMontreal 🍁🏔️
Warner Brothers 👨👦
Job Description:WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks an Associate Concept Artist - Environment to create a wide range of conceptual content (mood shots, lighting intentions, line art, paint overs, etc.) to inspire and communicate the visual direction of an upcoming AAA console title.
- An excellent artistic sense
- Photoshop expert
- Must demonstrate an ability to work within a broad variety of styles and genres
- Strong background in traditional art skills
- Knowledge of art history and contemporary culture
- Some familiarity with 3D art and combining 2D and 3D techniques (e.g. Sketch Up) a plus
- A architectural awareness including the balancing of proportions, shapes, and materials
- Excellent knowledge of human anatomy and proportions is a plus for environment concept artist
- Experience working within game development
- Understand the project's creative vision
- Craft visually inspiring, high fidelity concepts that set the quality bar for the team
- Collaboration/communication with the production team
- Provide leadership through example – has team spirit, highly motivated, takes initiative, is pro-active, and inspires.
Double Eleven 👩🎨🎨
3D Graduate ArtistKuala Lumpur 🍜🛺
Double Eleven 👩🎨🎨
3D Graduate Artist
Job Description:Double Eleven Limited is a full-service publisher and developer, with head office located in Middlesbrough and other studios in Kuala Lumpur and Birmingham.
- Exceptional 3D Modelling and Texture creation skills
- Experience with: 3DMax, Maya, or equivalent, (Maya preferred)
- Experienced with Photoshop
- Experience on multiple games and ability to work across varied art styles.
- Experience with popular game engines, preferably Unity / Unreal.
- Experience with shaders and real-time rendering pipelines.
- PBR workflow experience (Substance Painter / Designer)
- Other visual art skills, e.g. illustration, graphic design, VFX
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills allowing effective collaboration with teams
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and time management skills
- Strong observation and research skills
- Strong knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of the video game development processes
- Model and texture a wide variety of 3D game assets, including environments, buildings, props, vehicles, characters, etc
- Perform supporting tasks required to produce game assets, such as optimization, LOD creation, collision creation, lighting, and optimisations
- Must be a team player and be able to consistently meet project deadlines/milestones
- Collaborate effectively with peers, senior artists, leads, and clients
- Must be proactive about improving/developing artistic skills
- Must be able to work in an artistic style consistent with visual styles defined by the concept artist
3D ArtistSanta Monica, CA 🏄☀️
Job Description:We’re looking for a 3D Artist/Generalist who will take a key role on our production team.
You’ll be working alongside account management, product, design, and engineering, collaborating on the various layers of our 3D and AR product.
- 2+ years experience in games modeling and texturing.
- Strong understanding of the art pipeline for game development
- Experience using Photogrammetry pipeline and techniques required to create AAA assets.
- Strong modeling skills - able to generate clean and efficient models at a fast pace
- Strong artistic ability to visualize final products with sometimes minimal concept art
- Strong technical ability to manage assets to fit memory, design, and frame rate limits
- Must have a relevant 3D art portfolio to apply
- Create hard surface and organic models using Maya and Zbrush
- Create physically based textures using Substance Painter and Photoshop
- Optimizing polycounts and texture sizes for optimal AR experiences.
- Take photos of variable objects using Photogrammetry techniques and deriving models and textures using Reality Capture/Agisoft Photoscan
- Take existing 3D assets and optimizing their polycounts/textures