Senior Unreal Gameplay EngineerLos Angeles, CA, USA01 m
Senior Unreal Gameplay Engineer
Job Description:Forge alternate worlds that deepen players lives as a Senior Gameplay Engineer at Singularity 6, the new Los Angeles based game studio founded by industry veterans whose credits include League of Legends, Destiny 2, Call of Duty, Disney Infinity and more.Gameplay is at the heart of everything we’re trying to do, and you’ll be at the tip of the spear in defining what this video game will be for years, or even decades, to come. You’ll program new gameplay features, implement tools, and be a core member of a prototyping team that includes designers, artists, and engineers. Being passionate about games, cultivating a growth mindset, and a fearless approach to problem solving is a must.
Expectations & Responsibilities
- Design, Develop, and Maintain the core systems that bring the game vision to life
- Deep understanding of how to create scalable software solutions for video games
- Create or Improve existing tools to empower content creators
- Help drive the architecture and technology choices that will allow us to create an incredible gaming experience
- Contribute innovative ideas and solutions to the game and its development process
- Mentor other engineers to increase their capabilities and productivity
- Bachelor's degree or better in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience working on AAA video games
- Demonstrated proficiency in C/C++
- Excellent math skills with an emphasis on 3D math
- Professional experience working in Unreal 3 or Unreal 4
- Ability to write clean, easy to debug, well documented, and efficient code
- Possess a natural curiosity and desire to learn demonstrated by a willingness to work on a variety of systems such as AI, pathfinding, physics, audio, and animation
- Effective at working in cross discipline teams to achieve a shared mission
- Motivated by creating great games and great gameplay in particular
- Passionate gamer on your own time
- Legally authorized to work in the US
- Robust prototyping experience
- Experience developing high scale online games such as MMOs
- Experience with large, open world systems
- Health, Vision, Dental, 401k, and Equity
- Relocation Assistance
Singularity 6 is a Los Angeles based game studio founded by ex-Riot Games veterans and backed by top Silicon Valley VC funding. With our first project, we’re building the next generation of deeply immersive online worlds. Our vision is to create a compelling virtual universe filled with rich and diverse gameplay experiences and social interactions that will keep you playing for years, evolving along with you and the rest of the community. Join us to create a game that’s beautiful and intricate, delivering far more than superficial entertainment or basic wish fulfillment, an experience that becomes a meaningful part of your life.
Our mission extends into the studio as well where we build a diverse team that challenges the idea that the game industry is one of burnout and exploitation. We apply modern best practices to not only our code, but to our team and processes as well. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Interested in learning more? We are excited to hear from you!