Retro Studios is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo. Retro is a state-of-the-art game development studio, working in conjunction with Nintendo to bring award-winning games to Nintendo's cutting-edge next-generation platforms. Retro Studios is located in beautiful Austin, Texas. With rolling hills, scenic waterways, abundant wildlife, vibrant music and film scenes, and a laid-back cosmopolitan culture, Austin is a dynamic city with an excellent quality of life.
- Experience using industry standard tracking and communication software such as Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Experience working with 3D software, Maya preferred.
- Experience working with animation trees or any other node-based animation systems.
- Familiarity with current rigging methods and evaluating rigs for game and cinematic animations.
- Experience with rigging characters is a plus.
- Experience with already established IP is a plus.
- Prior Cinematics experience is a plus.
- Work with the Development Management Team to execute the determined style and tone of animation for the final product
- Responsible, as an individual contributor, for creating high quality exemplar animation that sets the standards for the team for both in-game and cinematic animation
- Champion the project’s goals and inspire the Animation team to achieve the vision, through actionable tasks.
- Collaborate with Design, Engineering and the Technical Animation staff on animation pipeline
- Coordinate with Development Management Team to understand the evolving needs of the studio
- Evaluate and promote the use of appropriate techniques and systems to support animation goals
- Develop and implement quality assurance protocols to review and approve animation work
- Anticipate and recognize potential conflicts or production issues and recommend solutions
- Mentor a team of animators, supporting and promoting a growth mindset amongst the staff.